Saturday, May 5, 2018

Halibut Curry

I found a really good and simple curry, one day I made it and I didn't have all of the ingredients so I had to improvise. It turned out better than the original (in my opinion) give it a try. (recipe originally from A Pinch of Yum)



Ingredients

For the Green Curry:
  • 1 Fillet of halibut
  • a swish of olive oil + a sprinkle of salt
  • 1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 4 tablespoons green curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen which can be ordered on Amazon and also often found in the Asian section of many mainstream grocery stores)
  • 3 14-ounce cans coconut milk
  • 3-or-so cups broccoli florets
  • 1/2 head of cauliflower
  • Rice to serve over
Optional Extras:
  • a handful of chopped fresh cilantro
  • a handful of golden raisins
  • just a lil fish sauce (trust me!) and maple syrup



Instructions

  1. HalibutPress the halibut with paper towels to remove water. Cut halibut into cubes. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the halibut, fry a few minutes and add maple syrup and finish cooking. Remove and set aside.
  2. Veggies: Add sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and curry paste to the soup pot. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green.
  3. Finishing it off: I like to add a handful of golden raisins and cilantro (I know, I know, lots of levels of weird going on here) and I pinky promise that a quick swish of fish sauce will take this over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment